In today’s world, nurses are a vital part of the healthcare setting and online LPN programs are booming in popularity. Since the report of predicted shortages of nurses in the next decade, the healthcare industry is in need or more professional nurses. The nursing field has been a career that is still thriving at the moment; this is the ideal time to join in the nursing profession through online LPN programs or LPN to RN programs. To qualify as a nurse, you are required to have the proper training, be educated in the medical field and pass the NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nurse) examination before you become a professional nurse, of course depending if you want to be a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
With the demand of nurses, there are many online LPN programs and LPN to RN programs are opening for nursing programs. An online nursing degree is a great way to go back to school and balance work and family life. There are various colleges and universities that enable a student to enroll in their nursing degree program. Since there are numerous colleges, programs and universities that are claiming to be the best, here is a rundown of the top 7 schools and universities that offer the top quality education and training for a nursing degree.
- Kaplan University – Kaplan University degree program offers their students with online RN-to-BSN degree completion programs. This university is properly accredited and they are focused with the promotion of health, reduction of risk potential, prevention of disease, information about health care technologies, ethics, human diversity, theory management and health care system.
- Keiser University Campus Online – This online program offers RN and BSN programs and prepares their students with a boarder scope of practice and possible entry into a masters or doctoral degree.
- American Sentinel University – This online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program is intended for professionals who are seeking work and want to develop their skills. It helps prepare leaders, managers and practitioners who want to assist in achievement of optimal health in the healthcare setting.
- National American University Online – This university offers online LPN programs and LPN to RN programs. They provide top quality and have in depth training for various nursing procedures needed in the hospital setting.
- Chamberlain College of Nursing – Chamberlain College of Nursing is an online school that offers a progressive online BSN degree and also completion programs for registered nurses that want to earn their bachelor degree within a year.
- Norwich University Online – Norwich University offers leadership training in the nursing area. They also offer master degree programs for the nurses interested in continued education. This online program can provide their students with the knowledge and skills needed to be an optimum leader in the health care environment.
- University of Cincinnati – The University of Cincinnati is a college of nursing that enables working professional nurses that want to pursue education in advance nursing practices. The course could be completed online and clinical experiences are conducted at local community hospitals.
Getting online LPN programs and LPN to RN programs is a smart way to have a successful career. It is possible with the right guidance. Start on your dream career opportunity now!